The Perth Mint Gold Tour
AUD A$ 22,00
- Durata: 60 Minuti
- Luogo: Perth, WA
- Codice prodotto: PEX1
The Perth Mint Gold Tour includes a guided walk through our world-class exhibition where you can view the world’s largest gold coin and witness a mesmerising live gold pour.
With an awe-inspiring mix of stories, interactive displays and challenges, you’ll be in no doubt as to why The Perth Mint is a premier tourist attraction in Western Australia.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled tour start time to allow ample time to check in and collect your tickets.
- Concession ticket: Available for Australian concession card holders only. A valid concession card must be presented at the reception desk when checking in for an online booking.
- Child ticket: Children under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the tour.
- Please ask our reception team if you require any additional support. We have audio guides, tourism brochures in several languages, and accessibility support available as needed
Here’s just a few of the attractions you will see:
- Guided heritage talk: Listen and learn about the history of the gold rush in Western Australia, the influential figures who built and developed The Perth Mint, and some of the famous golden discoveries that shaped the future of gold in Australia.
- Record breaking coin: An icon of the gold exhibition is the Australian Kangaroo One Tonne Gold Coin, the largest and most valuable coin in the world. It has held the Guinness World Record for the largest coin since 2012.
- The gold exhibition: Explore the gold exhibition, where you will find our incredible collection of gold nuggets and specimens, showcasing the versatility and adaptability of gold. View Newmont’s Normandy Nugget – the second largest gold nugget in existence, weighing an impressive 25.5 kilograms (820 ounces). The King Henry and Karratha Queen – two of the most valuable gold and silver specimens in the world, are also on display.
- Live gold pour: Witness the amazing spectacle of a traditional gold pour in The Perth Mint's original melting house. Pure gold is heated to molten temperatures and transformed into a gleaming solid gold bar before your eyes. The 19th century brick walls of the melting house are literally embedded with gold particles, accumulated over many decades of continuous gold pouring.
- The coining gallery: Discover our collection of historic coins struck by The Perth Mint. From sovereigns to our bullion coin collection, there are over 100 fascinating coins to see. Some of these include:
o The first copper decimal coin made in Australia – a 1966 dated 1 cent piece
o Two of the largest legal tender coins in the world – the 10 kilogram Australian Lunar gold and silver bullion coins.
After the tour there’s more to explore:
- Engrave your own medallion: Design a special message or choose your favourite saying to engrave onto an aluminium bronze, gold plated, 99.9% pure silver medallion. Ranging from AUD 17 to AUD 105, these medallions are ready to take away in minutes and treasured forever.
- The Perth Mint Shop: Here you will discover a treasure trove of gold, silver and platinum coins, natural gold nuggets, unique jewellery, precious stones and an exclusive range of giftware
and souvenirs. As an authorised stockist of Argyle Pink Diamonds, Ellendale Yellow Diamonds, Allure South Sea pearls, Guess and many more premium brands, you’ll be sure to find the perfect keepsake.